Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Confusion

Today I discovered just how dumb a 58 year old woman can be. You see,my husband set upblog site for me and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get into it. I've been answering my daughter Debbie's blogs for months,but can't get into my own. So I created this one (or at least I think I did.

My family consists of myself, my husband Glenn, and our three children Ben, Will, and Debbie along with their respective families. Of course none of these people are here with me most of the time. Glenn drives over the road for Prime and is gone most of the time. Ben and family live in North Carolina, Debbie and family are in Utah, and Will is training to drive for Prime like his Dad. Will's girlfriend, Tessa, is currently staying with me until he finishes his training (at least I hope that's how its going to work. Life around here is confusing to say the least.

Life for a retired schoolteacher can be somewhat lonely and dull. I miss my students and being in a classroom more than anyone realizes. I really long for the days of dealing with meetings, writing behavior plans, lunch duty, lesson plans, and especially teaching the kids. When a kid finally gets a concept and you see the "I really can do it" light come on there is no greater thrill or feeling of accomplishment. It was the hardest thing I ever did, retiring; but my health just wouldn't let me anymore. I had to put my students first. It really wasn't fair to them.

My life now is great, don't get me wrong. We just moved into a wonderfully big duplex and guess what It's flat!!! Yup, there are no stairs anywhere and it even has a fireplace. Glenn gets home whenever he can for whatever time he can and the kids call when they can. (I've raised 3 telephone haters like their father)

I have 2 best friends (not counting Glenn). Deb is a semi-retired teacher and Jess is a Prime widow like me. I don't see Deb as much as I'd like as she lives in Potosi. Jess lives in Marionville and we spend as much time as we can together. (Jess and I are trying to start a home business together).By the way catalogs are available!

There you have it. My fiirst attempt at a blog. Give me some encouragement please! Love to all

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Very nice blog. Your letter is P. Have fun. :)

Jessica said...

"Good Job" on the blog. Im so proud of you. Keep it going.